Boring or Engaging? Let’s face it, presentations these days are either really boring or really engaging. And who wants to be boring? If you’re challenged to create engaging, online presentations, then you could be suffering from ENNUI – suffering from utter weariness from boring content. One way not to be boring is to be more interactive!
According to Kissmetrics, interactive content is not only the way of the future, it’s where all the action is. The reason is quite simple: people like to interact with stuff. It’s human nature. Interactive content gives audiences more ways to consume knowledge and take control of their experiences. It also gives professional content creators — like you and me, the ability to understand what content works and what doesn’t.
Taking the concept one step further, Scott Brinker, CTO of ion interactive, summed it up like this in a guest blog on copyblogger:
“By its very nature, interactive content engages participants in an activity: answering questions, making choices, exploring scenarios. It’s a great way to capture attention right from the start. Individuals have to think and respond; they can’t just snooze through it.”
So, ask yourself. Was you last presentation boring or engaging? Static or interactive?
Five ways to spruce up your presentations.
Building interactive, online presentations is the fastest way to create engagement. And they work, whether you present them in a live webinar format, or on-demand.
Here are five things you can do right now to take your presentations from boring to interactive:
- Personal video & audio. Video and audio narration adds another dimension to your presentations that text alone can’t deliver. Personal narration makes both your experts and content more interesting.
- Chapters. For longer presentations, clickable chapters let the viewer skip to what’s most important to them. It’s like reading a book – sometimes you want to read the beginning and end first.
- Clickable links. Give your viewers supplemental materials that help them learn more about your topic. Clickable links are also trackable, so you know what’s most important to your viewers.
- Quizzes. Test knowledge retention throughout your online presentation with periodic knowledge checks. Measure content effectiveness and viewer understanding in real-time. Ensure your viewers understand what you’re presenting and understand where your content has missed the mark.
- Embedded video clips & images. Content retention increase 67% when plain text is accompanied by video and images! Images and videos are emotional and create personal connections you sometimes miss with text alone.
Transform your presentations today. Both you and your viewers will be glad you did.
Create a richer, engaging experience by integrating video, images, and assessment tools right into your online presentations. Say goodbye to ennui, and hello to interactivity.
See how easy it is – really. Watch now.